1. The viscosity of carboxymethyl cellulose CMC aqueous solution is also affected by pH value. When pH value deviates from neutral value, the viscosity of its low-viscosity solution stays relatively stable; the viscosity of its medium-viscosity solution begins to decrease gradually; and the viscosity of its high-viscosity solution decreases sharply.
2. CMC is soluble with other water-soluble gels, softeners and resins such as animal glue, Acacia senegal, glycerol and soluble starch. It is also compatible with water glass, polyvinyl alcohol, urea-formaldehyde resin, melamine-formaldehyde resin and so on, but to a lesser extent.
3. CMC films are not discolored or brittle after 100-hour exposure to ultraviolet light.
4. There are three kinds of CMC aqueous solution with different viscosities to choose according to needs. Medium-viscosity 2% CMC solution that is between 300mPa·s and 600mPa·s can be used in gypsum production. If gypsum production adopts high-viscosity 1% CMC solution that is above 2000mPa·s, the amount of CMC solution should be reduced appropriately.
5. CMC aqueous solution has retarding effect on gypsum.
6. Bacteria and microorganisms have little effect on powdered CMC, but great influence on its aqueous solution. When CMC water solution is contaminated with bacteria, viscosity decreases and mildew occurs. Pre-adding appropriate preservatives can prevent viscosity decrease and mildew for a long time. (You may want to contact carboxymethyl cellulose suppliers)
You may be interested in the following products: