CMC uses in food
CMC is not only a good emulsifying stabilizer and thickener in food application, but also has excellent freezing and melting stability.
Through CMC uses, food flavor can be improved and storage time can be prolonged.
CMC can also form stable emulsified dispersions with vinegar, soy sauce, vegetable oil, fruit juice, gravy and vegetable juice.
Especially for animal, vegetable oil, protein and water solution, it has excellent emulsifying performance and can form a stable homogeneous emulsion.
CMC uses in other industries
(1) In detergents, CMC can be used as an anti-fouling redeposition agent, especially for hydrophobic synthetic fabrics, which is superior to carboxymethyl fibers.
(2) CMC can be used to protect oil wells as mud stabilizers and water-retaining agents in oil drilling.
(3) CMC is used as a sizing agent, thickener of printing and dyeing pulp, textile printing and stiff finishing in the textile industry. Sizing agent can improve solubility and viscosity, and is easy to resize.
(4) CMC used as paper sizing agent in paper industry can obviously improve the dry and wet strength, oil resistance, ink absorption and water resistance of paper.
(5) CMC is used as a water-soluble sol in cosmetics and as a thickener in toothpaste.
(6) CMC can be used as a flocculant, chelating agent, emulsifier, thickener, water-retaining agent, sizing agent, film-forming material, etc. It is widely used in the fields of electronics, leather, plastics, printing, ceramics, toothpaste and daily chemical industry.