Carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC) is a nontoxic and tasteless white flocculent powder, which is stable in performance and soluble in water. Its aqueous solution is neutral or alkaline transparent viscous liquid. It is soluble in other water-soluble adhesives and resins, and insoluble in organic solvents such as ethanol. CMC can be used as binder, thickener, suspending agent, emulsifier, dispersant, stabilizer, sizing agent, etc.
The functions of carboxymethyl cellulose powder
1. It is used in oil and gas drilling, well digging and other projects.
① Under the action of CMC containing mud, thin and hard filter cake with low permeability can be formed on the well wall, which reduces the water loss.
②When CMC is added into the mud, the rig can get low initial shear force. The gas trapped in the mud is easy to release, and the debris is quickly discarded in the mud pit.
③Drilling mud, like other suspended dispersions, has a certain period of existence, which can be stabilized and extended by adding CMC.
④Mud containing CMC is rarely affected by mould, so there is no need to maintain a high pH value or use preservatives.
⑤Mud containing CMC can be used as the treatment agent of drilling mud washing fluid, which can resist the pollution of various soluble salts.
⑥The stability of mud containing CMC is good and it can reduce water loss even when the temperature is above 150 ℃.
CMC with high viscosity and high degree of substitution is suitable for mud with low density. CMC with low viscosity and high degree of substitution is suitable for mud with high density. CMC should be selected according to mud type, area, well depth and other different conditions.
2. CMC is used as sizing agent in textile, printing and dyeing industry, and it is used for sizing of cotton, silk, chemical fiber, blended and other strong fabrics;
3. CMC can be used as paper smoothing agent and sizing agent in paper industry. When 0.1% - 0.3% CMC is added to the pulp, the paper's tensile strength increases by 40% - 50%, the compression rupture increases by 50%, and the kneading property increases by 4-5 times.
4. CMC can be used as dirt adsorbent in synthetic detergent. The glycerine aqueous solution of CMC in daily chemicals such as toothpaste industry is used as the gum base of toothpaste. In the pharmaceutical industry, it is used as thickener and emulsifier. CMC aqueous solution is used as floating mineral processing after the increasing of viscosity.
5. It can be used as adhesive, plasticizer, suspending agent and fixing agent in ceramic industry.
6. It is used in construction to improve water retention and strength
7. In the food industry, high replacement CMC is used as thickener for ice cream, canned food, instant noodles, and foam stabilizer for beer, etc. It is used as thickener, binder or shape agent in processing jam, sugar juice, fruit dew, dessert, ice cream beverage, etc.
8. In pharmaceutical industry, CMC with proper viscosity is selected as the binder, disintegrator of tablets and suspension aid of suspension.